Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The First Ever Post

This is my first ever blog post.  The reason I wanted to begin a blog is I have always enjoyed free writing, I've just never taken the time to do it.  Thanks to the encouragement of sister-in-law, Joanna, I decided to try my hand at this blogging thing.  We'll see how it goes.  I expect that over time, an online blog is meant to change just as much as the person who's writing it.  Well, if I had been on top of things, I would have started this blog a year ago.  A lot has changed since May of 2012 and for my first post, I thought I would share some of events that have changed my life in an wonderful way.

Change #1

My husband, Noah, graduated from Hillsdale College.  Although I've only ever been to Hillsdale to visit Noah, it became a home to me, and I've missed it.


Change #2

I married a caring, loyal, faithful, God-fearing, man.  Noah and I dated from the end of high school, through college.  Even though it was long distance, and even though we been through our share of trials, on July 7th, 2012, I married my best friend.



Change #3

Noah and I have always talked about having a big family and having children at a young age.  Perhaps getting pregnant on our honeymoon was not exactly what we envisioned, but God is good, and He has made provisions for us to begin our family.  Baby Joseph was on the way!



Adorable maternity photos courtesy of Joanna Christine Photography


Change #4

On March 14th, 2013, our precious son, Joseph Mark Dell was born.  He was 7 pounds, 1 ounce and 20 inches long.  It really was something special to hold our perfect little boy for the first time.  I feel so blessed to be a mommy.




Change #5

Now we come to the beginning of a new chapter and the title of this blog, Home on Spring Street.  Noah and I are currently in the process of closing on a house located in little old Wilmington, Ohio (on Spring Street of course).  The house is definitely in need of some work, but we are excited for the new project.  Never would we have guessed that we would be able to live in our own home within a year of getting married and having a baby, but again, God is good and He makes provisions.  

To say the least, life seems to have been in the fast lane this past year.  It has been a joyous ride and I look forward to sharing it.

More to come from the Home on Spring Street!







3 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome to the blogging world Jordan! So glad to see you here, and we can't wait for more posts!

    Blessings,

    Brigid
    The Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!! Go Jordan, go Jordan :D welcome to the blogging world!!

    -Charlotte
    Boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement Boyer girls! I'll be following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete