Thursday, June 6, 2013

Potato Soup: My favorite comfort food

My last post had enough in it for three separate posts.  So I'll keep this one short and sweet.


Today is rainy, dark, and a little dreary.


What do days like today make you crave more than anything? The answer is comfort food of course!

Nothing says comfort like a nice, steaming, bowl of potato soup, so thats what I made.



There are thousands of different potato soup recipes out there, but I think what attracted me to the one I used was the simplicity of it.  There are only four main ingredients; potatoes, flour, butter, and milk, ingredients many people always have in their kitchens.  You can view the recipe I used here.


The nice thing about a simple recipe is that it gives you the freedom to get creative and add whatever you want.  I sprinkled some cheese, bits of bacon, and green onions on top of mine, and it was delicious.



Add a slice of homemade bread to complete a hit-the-spot meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment